Skip to Main Content

Student Services

How do I access mental health services?

For Non-Emergency referrals only.*

*Students who are in immediate crisis, contemplating suicide, or feel in danger of hurting themselves should contact the Mental Health Emergency Hotline number at 988 or go to their nearest hospital.

FMCC, through a partnership with The Family Counseling Center has a counselor available on weekdays Monday- Friday 8:30am – 4:40 pm in the Student Development/Advising Center N- 107 F.  Appointments are not required but are encouraged to avoid wait times.  Counselor: Jeremy Purtell available at, or call the college at 518-736-3622 ext. 8148.

Mental Health – SUNY ( is a great resource for Mental Health Services. The text lines let students text, chat or use WhatsApp.

The SUNY Crisis text line is a confidential way for you or a friend to reach out for help. Text Got5U to 741-741 to get in touch with a trained counselor. 

Important Phone Numbers

FM Mental Health Counselor - 518.736.3622, ext. 8148, N-107F

FM Public Safety Office - 518.736.3622, ext. 8405

Accessibility Services, Kathy Norman - 518.736.3622 ext. 8145

Alcohol Drug Abuse Hotline - 1.800.333.4444

Eating Disorders Prevention - 1.800.931.2237

National Association of Mental Illness - 518.843.3261

National Child Abuse Hotline - 1.800.799.7233

Domestic Violence Hotline:  

Fulton County - 518.725.5300 

Montgomery County - 518.842.3384

Sexual Assault & Abuse Hotline - 1.800.656.HOPE

St. Mary's Mental Health Services - 518.842.9111

The Family Counseling Center - 518.725.4310, x105

Suicide Prevention Hotline - 1.800.273.8255