All Student Support Services provide the following services:
· Individual Academic Advisement with one-on-one case management to ensure program participants are on track to reach their academic goals.
· Academic tutoring which enables students to complete college level courses, which may include instruction in reading, writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects.
· Advice and assistance in college course selection.
· Information on both the full range of Federal student financial aid programs and benefits (including Federal Pell Grant awards and loan forgiveness) and resources for locating public and private scholarships; and o Assistance in completing financial aid applications, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
· Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of our students, including financial planning for college.
· Activities designed to assist students enrolled at FM in applying for admission to, and obtaining financial assistance for enrollment in, a four-year program.
Student Support Services also provide the following services:
· Individualized counseling for personal, career, and academic matters provided by our staff.
· Exposure to cultural events and academic programs not usually available to disadvantaged students.
· Mentoring programs involving grant faculty and or staff.
To apply to our Student Support Services programs, please fill out our application via the link below and one of our counselors will contact you. https://forms.office.com/r/PiaccdJ3qw
If you are a student who is a member of TRiO/Quest and/or EOP you can get access to tutors through the "TRiO/EOP Tutoring" Community in BlackBoard.
To access this resource, go to your BlackBoard home page and find the Communities box under the listing of your BlackBoard Courses. You should see the link to "TRiO/EOP Tutoring". Simply click that link and follow the instructions posted there.
If you you do not see the community box you can also search for it via the the "communities" tab at the top of your BlackBoard homepage. If you are having difficulties, please contact you grant advisor for assistance.